Crazy Thankful

Last Friday I decided to treat myself to a well deserved manicure. I don't normally get my nails done in San Marcos, so I decided to try a place that was completely new to me. Like any woman knows, the nail salon is one of the best places to get to know someone completely knew. There's just something about pampering yourself that really brings people together. 

During all of my manicures, I really like to get to know my nail technician. This appointment was no different. As I started to talk to her, I realized she was very different than any other nail technician I had previously had. She was MY age... Now this wasn't the overly shocking part. She was not only a nail technician, but she was also in college studying to be a nurse. She continued to tell me that she was born in Vietnam and her family applied to move to the United States when she was in the third grade. She did not get approved to come over here until she was 21.... (she is now 25). It blew my mind that for the last thirteen years while I have been getting mani/pedi's every month, this young girl was dreaming of the life I had. It really put into perspective how much of my life I take for granted. I was truly inspired by her story. Moving your entire life around just to get the opportunity to attend a university and become educated. 

After I left the nail salon, I had an entirely new perspective on not only the world but my life. There are so many things that I should be thankful for that I didn't even realize that I should be thankful for. I love how life is always sending me little reminders to appreciate all that I have been given. 

XOXO - Lo

Comments

  1. Lauren, what an inspiring SOL. I love the content of your post and this is my golden line: "It blew my mind that for the last thirteen years while I have been getting mani/pedi's every month, this young girl was dreaming of the life I had." #inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A truly exceptional teacher

Confide in Me